ZZ/Z Coupe - From start to almost finish.

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her Gemini’s. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
LOK15
Gemini Master

ZZ/Z Coupe - From start to almost finish.

Post by LOK15 »

Some secrets make the best surprises.

Well , this car was supposed to be for last years nationals ,but due to the health issue i had , it didnt get finished in time , so i thought i'd make a nice surprise for this years.

It started life as a TD coupe bought off ebay from a scrap matel yard for $200.

then i bought a sedan for a few hundred from south of stanthorpe.

These then sat around for a while until i was ready... and ready i was.

these were then cut up.

This is the A/C switch wired into the loom , but the one wire that is loped shouldnt be , it is supposed to have a light connected to it for the heater panel ( fitted later )

The interior was insulated as much as possible , and LOTS of rust proofing used to try slow down/ stop the rust where it was repaired.

Unfortunately , ive lost quite a few photos during the build , due to the memory card being formatted by my other camera.
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Will get some interior shots once its off the trailer and cleaned out. I still am yet to install fully the A/C system , and finish off the bottom trims.

engine is a G200 with double row timing chain , bottom end work unknown as it was a 2nd hand motor when i bought it , minus head. I got a G200 large port head ( like the TX ) , ported it out and fitted unknown cam into it. Near new extractors , a 2 1/4 exhaust system feeds into a side to centre sports muffler for a non gemini sound. gearbox is rodeo 5 speed and odometer is reco and reset , currently sporting 1000km. Radiator is 3 core standard. Wheels are normal SL/X painted white , but might be removed and powdercoated. Windows will be re-tinted and headlights reconditioned. There is still alot of work to go , but hopefully it'll be done and 100% finished within 2 months.
troyrotor
Long Term Member

Post by troyrotor »

Great work lok looks awesome.
But what's the reason for the front cut, it was already late model front end, but I guess the dash was early.
MY BUILD viewtopic.php?t=36388 OF THIS s@*tter BELOW
Encyclopedia Ronnie
Long Term Member

Post by Encyclopedia Ronnie »

damage my guess, gotta say but looking from a far and not looking close as f*#k you cant tell the onli thing i saw that sort of sticks out is the drivers door panel gap
Yes, i do still own my coupe, Yes it is still registered and running and ATM driven daily.

oh and NO its not painted yet
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Encyclopedia Ronnie wrote:damage my guess, gotta say but looking from a far and not looking close as f*#k you cant tell the onli thing i saw that sort of sticks out is the drivers door panel gap

That was from panel warp welding in a new repair section. Im going to try rectify that and a few other bits.

The blue front end wasnt done right , plus it was chocka's with rust , and i'd always planned to do it this way. I think this might be coupenumber 10 i have donr the late model front to.
Encyclopedia Ronnie
Long Term Member

Post by Encyclopedia Ronnie »

LOK15 wrote:
Encyclopedia Ronnie wrote:damage my guess, gotta say but looking from a far and not looking close as f*#k you cant tell the onli thing i saw that sort of sticks out is the drivers door panel gap

That was from panel warp welding in a new repair section. Im going to try rectify that and a few other bits.

The blue front end wasnt done right , plus it was chocka's with rust , and i'd always planned to do it this way. I think this might be coupenumber 10 i have donr the late model front to.
so its the door not the sill? i was gonna sk at the last stop then we left and i was like ill just ask you at the supa center, then i saw the f3 turn and was like f*#k it save me dicking around, waved to andy and jumped on the f3
Yes, i do still own my coupe, Yes it is still registered and running and ATM driven daily.

oh and NO its not painted yet
cdtpf60
Regular

Post by cdtpf60 »

beautifully done lok!! 8)
happiness is a cdt pf60 race car
now being worked on!!!!!!!
DaveHAT

Post by DaveHAT »

Very tidy work ... quite a jigsaw Gemini.

I'd have liked a close look at this but a Sat only leave pass meant no cruise for me. Any chance you'd be bringing it next year or shall there be another surprise?

Well done ...
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

planning on selling as soon as its fully finished.

Somene else can enjoy it.
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Pulled motor out after work , middle welsh plug on pass side is leaking , so i'll put new plugs throughout , pulled sump to check bearings , they're still standard size. Bumped the oil pump for more pressure , and will fit new big end bearings possibly on the weekend. Need a new oil pikup to oil pump rubber too , and i actually think i havent got any spare.
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

No sign of where that bolt may have come from?
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Jonno wrote:No sign of where that bolt may have come from?
None. no idea where it came from. May have flicked it up with the front wheel , car infront might have dropped it at some point. who knows!
TURGEM
Long Term Member

Post by TURGEM »

LOK15 wrote:Pulled motor out after work , middle welsh plug on pass side is leaking , so i'll put new plugs throughout , pulled sump to check bearings , they're still standard size. Bumped the oil pump for more pressure , and will fit new big end bearings possibly on the weekend. Need a new oil pikup to oil pump rubber too , and i actually think i havent got any spare.
What was your oil pressure ???

Bumping the pump up is that with washers in the relief valve?

Maybe leave the pump cuz I bet your ass she will come up a lot in pressure once the new bearings are in, definately replace that rubber I killed a G200 because of that said rubber.
Thats Right Im a Long Term Member
WASTEGATES - WASTE 8S
IF YOU WANNA FLY, GIVE IT MORE P.S.I 8)
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

oil pressure was virtually zero , ive bumped the pumps before on new motors and had no issues.
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Motor out and welsh plugs changed , also fitting A/C compressor to block ;)

You can see i had an exhaust leak on number 4 , thats because i used a second hand gasket , as i knew motor would come out again ( for fitting A/C and fixing oil pressure issue ).