From The Philippines.... Isuzu Gemini Coupe

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her Gemini’s. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
Marky_bmd
n00b

From The Philippines.... Isuzu Gemini Coupe

Post by Marky_bmd »

im also from the Philippines.... I work for BMD MOTORS (Isuzu Dealership) Cabanatuan City... we have a project 77 Coupe Isuzu Gemini...
we are planning to restore it to its Original look... In the Opening of our 1st branch in Isabela... August 1977... the gemini coupe... is the 1st unit we sold... not me ofcourse Im just 30yrs old.... The Gemini Coupe is Also the Record holder.. fastest travel from Isabela to Manila... Less than 4hrs.. thats in the late 70's when the roads are not yet that good...
A regular travel now using freeways and expressways is atleast 8 hours...

In the early 80's the Isuzu Gemini Dominated Slalom, racing againts the Toyota Starlet, Lancer EX, Toyota DX and the like...

Thats why we want to revive this beauty... to showcase it in our dealership and remind the good old days when Isuzu still sell this Gasoline compact rockets...
Sad to say we only sell diesel Auv, trucks and suv's this days....

Kind Regards,
Mark

I still can't post pictures need more post
Encyclopedia Ronnie
Long Term Member

Post by Encyclopedia Ronnie »

welcome dude looks lik a gooid plan.. ahh just need too make ur avatar a tad smaller there tho aye.. :P
Yes, i do still own my coupe, Yes it is still registered and running and ATM driven daily.

oh and NO its not painted yet
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

You and this bloke should get together and cruise

http://www.ozgemini.com/forums/non-tech ... hp?t=34231

Get some Philippino rep goin on :wink:
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
cdtpf60two

Post by cdtpf60two »

will be over there in july might have to see the gemini scene there
jamie
Marky_bmd
n00b

Post by Marky_bmd »

Encyclopedia Ronnie wrote:welcome dude looks lik a gooid plan.. ahh just need too make ur avatar a tad smaller there tho aye.. :P
tnx mate, sorry about the avatar... done :)
Marky_bmd
n00b

Post by Marky_bmd »

@ jonno

I comunicated with him... im from the Island of luzon and his from the island of mindanao... thats thousands of kilometers of pavement and sea....

that would be cool.. meeting halfway in the visayas island :twisted:

the gemini is being stripped of its very old paint at the moment....

planning to paint it with sonic yellow with black pinstripe...

cdtpf60two wrote:will be over there in july might have to see the gemini scene there
jamie

in the 80's gemini dominated the taxi market here... you wont see that many gemini's this days because majority of it are now junks...

after the revolution 1983 we stop importing isuzu cars... specialy when Isuzu became independent from GM...

but if your really coming in july... Ill be glad to show you around....
are you from here?
cdtpf60two

Post by cdtpf60two »

no from oz coming for a much needed holiday not had one since july last year
jamie
Marky_bmd
n00b

Post by Marky_bmd »

cdtpf60two wrote:no from oz coming for a much needed holiday not had one since july last year
jamie
oh nice choice... were in the Philippines? boracay or palawan?
cdtpf60two

Post by cdtpf60two »

going to pampanga been looking at it for a while so really looking forward to it now
jamie
Marky_bmd
n00b

Post by Marky_bmd »

cdtpf60two wrote:going to pampanga been looking at it for a while so really looking forward to it now
jamie
nice choice.. if you want to see gemini's,
thats the place to be... you can find tons of autoshops there.... wheel shops... you can buy nice 13-15 inch, 70s 80s rims there.. good price range... every wednesday thats our area.. we visit banks...

last wednesday I saw lots of oldschool cars but not a single gemini...
but im sure.. you can find at least 4 or 5 there.... pampanga is known for old cars... muscle and jdm.. because of the old american base....

but for vacation? no beach, no tourist spots... just dutyfreeshops, and a holiday inn... and lots and lots of dust.....
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Wow great advice there ,and Can you get some pics up of these Cars .. And them old skool Mags Sound insane.. I want some
cdtpf60two

Post by cdtpf60two »

thanks for the warning will let you know when i will be over there will have to meet up so i can see your coupe as well as the old school meet on wednesdays
jamie
Marky_bmd
n00b

Post by Marky_bmd »

GEMWRC wrote:Wow great advice there ,and Can you get some pics up of these Cars .. And them old skool Mags Sound insane.. I want some
ok, the next time we visit the area... ill try to take pictures... I need mags pictures too... so that I could ask our IT to Photoshop it to my gemini so that we could study the best mags.. Im planning to use a nice set of mags for daily driving and use the stock rims just for show :wink:
Marky_bmd
n00b

Post by Marky_bmd »

cdtpf60two wrote:thanks for the warning will let you know when i will be over there will have to meet up so i can see your coupe as well as the old school meet on wednesdays
jamie
Forgot to mention Mt. Pinatubo.. you can use 4x4 off road vehicles.. or hike to its lake... thats.. cool
cdtpf60two

Post by cdtpf60two »

cool may have to do that if i can get fitter
jamie