MCM Inspired DIY Gemini Series - Ideas/Thoughts

This Forums is here for off topic discussion.. Please keep it partially relevant to the site.. we don’t really need to know what u had for breakfast..
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Hachikansai77 wrote:I'm gay and don't want help etc etc
Gay I have a shell ready for fire to.

Perhaps I'll do a side series.
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
Hachikansai77
Regular

Post by Hachikansai77 »

Lol, love you Jonno ;)

How to flame-proof a Gem *Requires 10 s**tters before getting it right :lol:
Last edited by Hachikansai77 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
TD Sedan "Derrick/Dez"
TX Coupe "Zero": Longterm Zokusha/Drift Build.
TE Diesel Sedan: Turbo Sandpiper II Mockup (In Progress)
TE Sedan "Bella": Basic Battle Bitch
Hilux: Daily

TL;DR: STOP OFFERING ME GEMINIS!!!
TURGEM
Long Term Member

Post by TURGEM »

lol you guys are crack ups haha...

I didnt mean to come across the wrong way, Id just mount the camera on the bench and record and just do it, bongs and all lmao...

I rekon do the vid and then after the vid or vids are up then can get into the finer details if needed I rekon.

(if you get the time try make one this weekend)
Thats Right Im a Long Term Member
WASTEGATES - WASTE 8S
IF YOU WANNA FLY, GIVE IT MORE P.S.I 8)
Hachikansai77
Regular

Post by Hachikansai77 »

TURGEM wrote:lol you guys are crack ups haha...

I didnt mean to come across the wrong way, Id just mount the camera on the bench and record and just do it, bongs and all lmao...

I rekon do the vid and then after the vid or vids are up then can get into the finer details if needed I rekon.

(if you get the time try make one this weekend)
Nah not at all mate, again I don't want to come across the wrong way either.
We're all just talking at the moment, like I said this won't happen for a while yet, and maybe I'll change it to being more of a "montage" series from different people on one channel than a series with hosts, s**t talking and all that.

I might do a test vid if I find the time in the next few weeks, but I've gotta get cracking with this respray if I'm gonna be at 'nats in my own car.
TD Sedan "Derrick/Dez"

GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

is anyone going to help you film them ..
stock_gem
Regular

Post by stock_gem »

I can't see why multiple people can't make their own how to videos in same style, if people are interested, why stop them? I was planning on making a workshop article about my commodore power windows, and I might just change the format to video. I mean, with this as an example, who else but me knows how to do it? So who else could make the video. Not that i'm doubting your mechanical skills and knowledge, hachikansai, but maybe there's some things others may do better or get around to them quicker.

The more people interested in filming, directing, narrating, presenting and editing their own videos means more content will come into existence faster, which can only be a good thing. Unless of course they do a bad job. :lol:

But I do understand that its your baby, and people might steal the thunder or something. But then again, most people are all talk and they wont make a video, I know I probably wont :lol:

Just sit back and see what happens. In the mean time, make those videos!
Last edited by stock_gem on Fri Feb 32, 3043 13:75 pm; edited 3.14159265 times in total
Hachikansai77
Regular

Post by Hachikansai77 »

stock_gem wrote:I can't see why multiple people can't make their own how to videos in same style, if people are interested, why stop them? I was planning on making a workshop article about my commodore power windows, and I might just change the format to video. I mean, with this as an example, who else but me knows how to do it? So who else could make the video. Not that i'm doubting your mechanical skills and knowledge, hachikansai, but maybe there's some things others may do better or get around to them quicker.

The more people interested in filming, directing, narrating, presenting and editing their own videos means more content will come into existence faster, which can only be a good thing. Unless of course they do a bad job. :lol:

But I do understand that its your baby, and people might steal the thunder or something. But then again, most people are all talk and they wont make a video, I know I probably wont :lol:

Just sit back and see what happens. In the mean time, make those videos!
I think you might have misunderstood a little what I'm saying here. As I said earlier, in no way am I saying that I am the only one who can make these sort of videos and everyone else can f**k off.
What I'm saying is that for this idea for an individual series that I have, I'm intending to do it on my own (with mates to help film and whatnot) to maintain consistency of content, procedure, style etc.

If I'm not competent enough to do a job, and film it for other's to see and take as an instructional tool, then I won't, simple as that. If I can learn how to do it in my own time, and then feel confident that I can do the job to that standard, then I will.

Sorry if I'm coming across like a dick.
TD Sedan "Derrick/Dez"

stock_gem
Regular

Post by stock_gem »

I wasn't arguing a point, I was just voicing my opinion however irrelevant it may have been. Either way I'll be looking forward to seeing what you end up making.
Last edited by stock_gem on Fri Feb 32, 3043 13:75 pm; edited 3.14159265 times in total
Gem13

Post by Gem13 »

I don't think it will happen... Guides with pictures are far more useful & you can make it a group effort - much easier to edit when people suggest corrections & alternative methods.

But if you do make a video - get a hot chick to do it otherwise our attention span willl rapidly decline after the rock star intro lol
TURGEM
Long Term Member

Post by TURGEM »

Or all vids must be done wearing a Trent from punchbowl wig :wink:
WASTEGATES - WASTE 8S
Hachikansai77
Regular

Post by Hachikansai77 »

I think my hair's long enough at the moment that I could sport a "Kev" job anyway :P

Well, the good thing is that both written and video'd how-to's can work hand in hand and compliment each other in a way, but in saying that, it comes with the territory that it's far easier to edit and collaborate in written form than it is in video form. Again, the biggest reason why I'm choosing to go solo is more about consistent quality of content rather than not wanting or needing help with actually doing it. There will be plenty of the local SA guys making cameo appearances don't you worry lol.

I've done plenty vids before, but never with any real effort put into the final product to make it look that bit more professional, so I want to try my best to do it this time around, even if the only guys who really see them are us Gemini/Isuzu nutters.

I will do my best to make this happen, but it will take time, and isn't going to happen in the next week or two even if I were to drop everything else going on car-wise.
TD Sedan "Derrick/Dez"

LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

screw you guys with hair... i'll make my own vids with hookers and blackjack

Getting too old for this s*#t!!
Gem13

Post by Gem13 »

Put a gemini engine in the middle of those gals & your onto a winner of an idea...
TURGEM
Long Term Member

Post by TURGEM »

Gem13 wrote:Put a gemini engine in the middle of those gals & your onto a winner of an idea...
less clothes too 8)
WASTEGATES - WASTE 8S
robbbbo666
Regular

Re: MCM Inspired DIY Gemini Series - Ideas/Thoughts

Post by robbbbo666 »

You end up doing any videos?
G180 TG Wagon